First half 2012 real estate tax bills to be mailed on January 18th, due on February 15th
Summit County Fiscal Officer Kristen M. Scalise CPA, CFE has announced first half 2012 real estate tax bills will be mailed starting Friday, January 18, 2013.
There are several convenient ways for taxpayers to make payment:
- In person: Payments can be made in person at the Summit County Fiscal Office, Treasurers Division, 3rd floor of the Ohio Building, 175 S. Main St., Akron 44308. Our office hours are 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Mailed payments must be U.S. postmarked by February 15, 2013 to avoid the statutory 10% penalty for late payment. A private meter is not valid for establishing the date of payment.
- At banks who participate in the Regional Tax Collection System: A list of participating banks is included on your tax bill. Checks must be payable to the banking institution.
- Online or by phone: Tax bills can be paid online or by phone through a secure payment service provided by Official Payments Corporation. Taxpayers will need their parcel number on-hand. A nominal service fee will be charged by Official Payments Corporation. To pay taxes online or by phone, go to http://fiscaloffice.summitoh.net/index.php/on-line-tax-payments.
- At a MoneyGram location: In person cash payments can be made through MoneyGram, a new payment service offered at 35,000 locations nationwide. MoneyGram provides guaranteed same-day transactions. A nominal service fee will be charged by Official Payments Corporation. To locate a MoneyGram center, visit www.OfficialPayments.com/locate or call 1-800-MoneyGram.
Fiscal Officer Scalise reminds taxpayers that first half 2012 real estate tax bills are available online. Go to our website www.fiscaloffice.summitoh.net and choose the Property Tax & Appraisal link.
The Tax Installment Program will be available again this year. Homeowners who pay their real estate taxes directly to the Fiscal Office, but cannot pay the full first half amount due, can avoid late payment penalties by enrolling in the TIP. To be eligible all taxes and assessments must be current. The deadline to sign up is February 15, 2013, also the last day to pay first half 2012 real estate taxes. Call 330-643-2869 for more information.
The Fiscal Office continues to offer various plans to assist in the payment of delinquent taxes. Any taxpayer who is delinquent should call 330-643-2600.