5 Things to Know This Week
Of course, we tell you what you need to know when the week's nearly halfway over
Are you relaxed and refreshed? We hope after the long Memorial Day weekend you were able to take some time and chill out, especially during the heat wave that was Monday.
The good news is your week is short and sweet, so we'll do the same. Here are 5 things about today and the week ahead to keep in mind:
1. Take the time to give blood at the American Cross Blood Drive going on at the Hilton Garden Inn from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today.
2. Don't forget the Board of Education meets tomorrow night at 7 p.m. in the Twinsburg Government Center. We're expecting the announcement of the new superintendent fairly soon.
3. Relay For Life kicks off this Friday at 6 p.m. at Twinsburg Tigers Stadium. The celebration of fundraising for cancer research goes all through the night until noon Saturday.
4. The Twinsburg Duathalon is also this weekend. The 4-mile run and 10-mile bike ride will start at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday.
5. Did you know ... On this day in 2005, Mark Felt, the former FBI assistant director, was revealed to be the man known as "Deep Throat" who secretly blew the whistle on the Watergate scandal? Look it up.