5 Things to Remember About Officer Joshua Miktarian
Today we honor the life and memory of the fallen Twinsburg officer
Today marks the three year anniversary of the tragic death of officer Joshua Miktarian. He was fatally shot in the line of duty, during a routine traffic stop by Ashford Thompson on July 13, 2008 on Glenwood Drive.
On this sad day of rememberance our thoughts, and more importantly, our prayers, are with the family, friends, and colleagues of Josh.
To honor his memory, here are 5 things to remember Joshua Miktarian:
1. Josh is survived by his wife, Holly, and their adorable little daughter, Thea.
2. Earlier this year, Josh's canine partner, Bagio, had to be put to sleep after developing complications from cancer. He had served the Twinsburg Police Department for 11 years and was retired soon after Josh was killed.
3. The Joshua Miktarian Golf Scramble is Friday, July 15 starting at 8:00 a.m. Proceeds from the scramble will go to the Officer Joshua T. Miktarian Scholarship fund.
4. The scholarship fund was set up to carry on Josh's dedication to the fields of criminal justice and law enforcement. It awards two $2,500 scholarships to both a Twinsburg High School graduate and a Tallmadge High School graduate, who are pursuing a degree in a law enforcement field.
5. Earlier this year the Larsen family, who own and operate Silverdale Lights, presented a check for more than $3,700 to the scholarship fund. Holly and Thea were both on hand to accept the donation. You can see the photos here.