A Look Back at the Week That Was in Twinsburg
The first week of March is nearing an end and what a week it was. Read all about what you may have missed
As I sit back to write yet another review of the news we have covered this week, I can't believe how fast this week has gone by, and how strange it has been. I'm sure you can relate as well.
We started out with a nearly Biblical rainstorm, followed abruptly by three glorious, yet still chilly, days of sunshine. But of course that is followed by more rain.
It wasn't just a busy week for meteorologists and Northeast Ohio weather enthusiasts, though. We had quite a few great pieces come across our wire this week. We hope you already had the opportunity to acquaint yourself with the news this week, but if not, or you just want a refresher, here are a few of the headlines we brought to you this week:
- We featured a terrific photo gallery of the Trivisonno Show when he hosted a two-day fundraising event at the Hilton Garden Inn.
- Have you heard about the new hire Twinsburg hopes will improve business in the city? Meet Ken Alfred, the new Entrepreneur-in-Residence, who hopes to bring new life to the city's economy.
- As mentioned above, we had some crazy flooding to deal with this week. Check out some of our photos as well as the areas affected by rising waters. The storm also caused a house fire in which no one was injured.
- Dr Pepper's new plant has been in business for several months now, but it brings a new dynamic to the soda industry, right here in Twinsburg.
- There will be a public hearing tomorrow night over Destiny Church's proposed plans for a new building on Darrow Road.
- The Twinsburg School District will upgrade their computer network with a surprisingly low pricetag from Microsoft. The Board of Education also discussed where they will begin with the Dodge renovations.
- The Lady Tigers continue to ravage opponents and claiming the district championship. The boys had a major comeback win on Monday, but fell to Wadsworth on Friday, ending their season.
It was quite a busy week for us, and this week looks to be just the same. We hope you continue to check back with us for the latest news and updates that you care about.