Josh Mandel Could Headline Meet The Candidates Night
The Twinsburg Republican Club hopes Josh Mandel can attend its Meet The Candidates Night in September
Ohio Treasurer and U.S. Senate candidate Josh Mandel could be one of the many candidates to speak at Meet The Candidates Night in September.
The Twinsburg Republicans' Club is hosting the event at the Twinsburg Community Center on Sept. 13 from 6-9 p.m., according to President Matt Cellura.
After speaking with the Mandel campaign on Monday, they told Cellura they were confident he could be there.
"We're crossing our fingers," Cellura said.
The event will be a more formal presentation, offering the candidats 10-15 minutes to speak to voters and fielding questions.
Cellura said they planned the event in September to make sure they could reach out to any early voters.
"We're looking to let them present themselves to the community," he said.
The list of candidates attending includes:
- Twinsburg Superintendent Kathi Powers and the levy committee
- Kristina Daley-Roegner (District 37 State Representative)
- Eddie Sipplen (Summit County Commone Pleas Judge)
- Jennifer Hensal (9th District Court of Appeals)
- Randy Rivers (Summit County Sheriff)
- Ron Antal (Summit County Fiscal Officer)
- Greg Roemer (Summit County Council)
Cellura said County Executive Candidate Frank Larsen and David Joyce, who replaced Sen. Stephen LaTourette, may also be attending.
If Mandel is able to make it, Cellura said it will be great exposure for the rest of the candidates.
""It'd be a great draw," he said. "It wouldn't just help our club but people would come to see him, which would help other candidates."