Meet The Candidates and Regional Campus Dedication: This Week
Check out these five things going on in Twinsburg this week.
1. Meet the candidates in the Nov. 6 election. The Twinsburg Republicans' Club is hosting a Meet The Candidates Night on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Twinsburg Senior Center.
Local candidates including Kristina Daley-Roegner, Ron Antal, Eddie Sipplen and more will address the crowd. There will also be a presentation from the school district about the upcoming levy.
2. Kent State dedicates its new Regional Academic Center. While classes have been in full swing for a few weeks, Kent State University will officially dedicate the new Regional Academic Center on Creekside Drive, Wednesday at noon.
Kent State President Lester Lefton will speak at the event, in addition to remarks by Jacqueline Woods, chair of the Kent State Board of Trustees; Mayor Katherine Procop, Randy Ruttenberg, principal of Fairmount Properties, the private partner and developer of Kent State’s Regional Academic Center; and David Mohan, dean of Kent State University at Geauga and the Regional Academic Center. Guided tours of the campus will follow.
3. Twinsburg City Council. While the agenda looks light, city council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 11 starting with the caucus at 7 p.m. and the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
4. Tinkers Creek Watershed Festival. The 7th Annual Tinker’s Creek Watershed festival on Sept. 15, 2012 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Twinsburg Square. The Festival is FREE and open to the public and will include music, food samples, live animals, fun activities for kids and adults and raffle prizes. Come learn about your watershed and what you can do to help protect your water resources!
5. Twinsburg Farmer's Market. The farmer's market is open Thursdays through Sept. 27 from 3-6:30 p.m. in the Gander Mountain parking lot on Creekside Drive. There will be a daily drawing to win a large basket of produce during each market.