Ohio Treasurer Mandel Publishes Public Employee Salary Database
The website for Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel now includes a salary database for public employees in Ohio, including state workers, teachers and professors and some local employees
A new online database allows Ohio taxpayers to see how much they are paying government workers across Ohio, from the governor and university presidents down to the teachers at your local elementary school.
The data was made available as part of a transparency project by Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel. It includes the most recent salary information for state employees, as well as historical salary info for teachers, higher-education workers, federal employees and some local employees.
Here are some examples of high-profile workers salaries:
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich: $143,903 (2011 salary)
- The Ohio State University President E. Gordon Gee: $802,125 (2010)
- Kent State University President Lester Lefton: $389,881 (2010 base salary) *Lefton's 2011 base salary is $401,576. The 2011 figure is not available in the treasurer's database.
- Former Twinsburg Superintendent Stephen Marlow: $139,548 (2010)
- Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel's estimated annual salary: $106,304 (2011)
- Senator Frank LaRose's estimated annual salary: $69,184 (2011)
Much of the data from the database was already made available by The Buckeye Institute.
Mandel told The Plain Dealer he is working to include all local government salaries, and will push for legislation along those lines if necessary.