Twinsburg City Council Election 2011: Ward 3 Councilman Ted Yates
As part of our election coverage, Twinsburg Patch will provide profiles of each of the candidates for local office
Editor's Note: As part of Twinsburg Patch's local election coverage, we will provide profiles of each of the candidates running for office. These profiles will offer biographical and issue-oriented details about each of the candidates to help you, the voters, make more-informed decisions at the ballot box. Stay tuned for more coverage of the election.
Name: Ted Yates
Education: Kent State BA in Accounting, MBA, JD
Political Affiliation: Republican
Office Sought: Council Ward 3
Previous Political Office Sought or Held: Council Ward 3, December 2009 to present
Statement: I have worked co-operatively and effectively with the Mayor and Council to represent the concerns of the Ward 3 residents.
Today, the administration works together as a professional and productive team. Under my leadership Twinsburg is fiscally sound and I have worked to decrease the City's spending while not jeopardizing the outstanding services our residents enjoy. As part of this team, I will work to keep Twinsburg one of the top places in northeast Ohio to live.
- Increase economic development so that the .25% income tax increase can be repealed.
- Continue to work with Administration on decreasing spending.
- Maintain the current level of services to our residents.
- Support and enhance our recreational programming for all our residents, both families and Seniors.
- Maintain our close working relationship and strong partnership with our School District.
- Continue to work with the Township and Reminderville on ways to join resources to decrease spending and enhance our communities.
These goals were independently provided by Mr. Yates.