No one was hurt after a small fire at Pebble Creek Apartments early Monday morning.
Twinsburg Fire Chief Rick Racine said crews were called to a small kitchen fire on Pebble Creek Drive shortly after midnight.
A woman living in a second-floor apartment was cooking on a stove top and when she stepped away the pan caught fire and spread throughout the kitchen, Racine said.
"It was fortunate that she was awake," he said. "Everyone got out and just had to put up with some cold for a while."
The fire did extensive damage to the kitchen and apartment. Racine expects it to take three to six months to repair.
The only other damage reported was water running into the apartment below, ruining the ceiling and furniture. The damage should only take a few weeks to fix.
Fire departments from Oakwood, Macedonia, Solon and an EMS squad from Hudson assisted with the fire.