A 24-year-old Solon man was arrested and charged after police broke up a large party at his Bainbridge Road where minors were drinking, including four people from Twinsburg, according to Solon Police.
Police say 14 guests were either arrested or cited for underage drinking on Jan. 13 at about 12:55 a.m. Besides the host, all of the guest were under 21 and five were under eighteen.
Officers were called to the area of Bainbridge Road near Sharondale Drive after a resident called to report a bunch of people running toward a house. The yard was also covered in empty beer cans and a car was parked in the middle of the front lawn, according to the police report.
Police officers investigated, smelled burning marijuana and then noticed a number of young people drinking beer.
Officers rounded them up. The party host claimed he didn't know any of them.
Those arrested or cited include:
- The host, 24, charged with contributing to the delinquency of minors and providing liquor to minors.
- An 18-year-old from Pepper Pike, charged with drug abuse for a bag of marijuana found in his pocket
- An 18-year-old from Mayfield Heights, charged with obstructing justice and underage drinking. He was found hiding while cops searched the house.
- Seven adults, aged 18 to 20, were charged with underage drinking. They were from Twinsburg, Mayfield Heights, Cleveland Heights and Wickliffe.
- Five minors, aged 16 and 17, were also referred to the juvenile officer on charges of underage drinking. They were from Twinsburg, Solon and Pepper Pike.