Want to Effect Change? You Have Until 5 P.M. Today

Today is the deadline to apply for an opening on a City of Belmont commission. There are seats open on Belmont's Planning, Parks and Recreation, and Finance commissions.

The City of Belmont is recruiting residents interested on serving on its three city commissions: Planning, Parks and Recreation (adult and youth), and Finance. The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m., Jan. 31.

Planning commissioners meet the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 7:00 p.m. to review and take action on planning applications, and make recommendations to the City Council on zoning and land use issues.

There are two open seats on the Planning Commission for three-year terms.

Parks and Recreation commissioners make recommendations to the City Council on matters pertaining to Belmont’s Park and Recreation programs, as well as on capital improvements to the City’s various parks and open space areas.

There are four adult openings for two-year terms, one of which is currently vacant. The Parks and Recreation Commission meets the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.

In addition, there are two youth seats open on the Parks and Recreation Commission. The City Council will consider applications from Belmont residents who are between the ages of 13 and 17 years old. Parent/Guardian consent is mandatory. These seats are for one-year terms. Youth members are full
voting members of the commission.

The Finance Commission has two openings for three-year terms. This commission meets bimonthly on the every other Thursday at 7:30 p.m. and participates in the budget review process, conducts an annual review of the City’s investment policy, and, at the request of the City Council, evaluates proposals, programs and contracts for long and short term financial consequences.

To apply, you may:

  • Complete the an application, which is available on the City’s website: www.belmont.gov under “City Council and Commissions,”
  • Call (650) 595-7408 or 595-7413,
  • Apply in person at the City Manager’s Office or the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, One Twin Pines Lane.            

Applicants must live in Belmont. Except for a small stipend paid to Planning
Commissioners, there is no compensation for these positions. It should be noted that incumbent members of all these commissions are eligible to apply for reappointment.

For more information, contact the City Manager’s office at 650-595-7408, or the Clerk’s Office at 650-595-7413, or go to www.belmont.gov.

For more information, contact the City Manager’s Office at 650-595-7408, or the Clerk’s Office at 650-595-7413.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »