Today Twinsburg voters can enter the polls and have their voices heard on important issues to the city and state.
Will outdoor woodburning furnaces be allowed in Twinsburg? Will operating levies be renewed for Cuyahoga Valley Career Center of Summit County Board of Developmental Disabilities? Who will win the two contested races for Twinsburg City Council?
If those interesting local races aren't enough, Twinsburg voters will also weigh in on Issue 2, the statewide referendum on a law to reform Ohio's collective bargaining rules.
Twinsburg Patch won't chime in on any issues or candidates, but we will say this: You have a great right and privelage to vote; use it.
Here's what you need to know:
1. I don't know enough about the issues. Where can I learn more? The best place to get up to speed on Twinsburg's local issues is . We have bios of the candidates and links to our coverage of the issues. We've also covered Issue 2, so check out our stories about that.
2. When are the polls open? Polling places open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m.
3. What should I bring with me to the polls? Voters must prove their identity to vote. According to the Summit County Board of Elections, you can use:
- A current and valid photo identification card (e.g., driver's license or state ID)
- A military identification
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The notice from the elections board saying you are registered DOES NOT count as identification.
5. Where do I vote? Every Twinsburg voter has a designated polling place based on where they live. The best way to find your polling place is to visit the Summit County Board of Elections and use its polling place locator.
6. Where can I see sample ballots? Again, head over to the Summit Elections web site and use the ballot search.
7. Where can I get election results? Right here, of course. Twinsburg Patch is your best source for local election news. We will post results as soon as we get them, and will provide all the analysis of the results you need to stay informed.
*Chris Mazzolini contributed to this report.