Now that the final changes have been approved to the 2012-13 school year budget, the discussion will likely move to a new levy.
“The final piece of this puzzle is going to be asking the taxpayers for new money,” Board Member David Andrews said Wednesday, after the board finalized .
Board President Ron Stuver said the board will be looking at a few things in May before they start seriously talking about a new levy.
The board will examine the results of the Ohio Department of Education's audit of the last five-year forecast and also look at the newest forecast, which includes how the recent changes are implemented.
"I want to see how those numbers are crunched by our treasurer before we make a decision on a levy," Stuver said. A decision should be reached by July at the latest in order to meet the time line to put a levy on the November ballot, if necessary.
While there isn't a decision yet, Stuver said a levy is probable.
"I think a levy is necessary and it likely will come down to what the size of the levy should be," he said.
If a levy is on the ballot, would residents vote for it? Stuver said there are some "mixed feelings" around the community and has heard some "emotional responses." According to Stuver, some have told him it's necessary and would vote for a levy, while others are upset and wouldn’t support it.
“That wouldn’t help the situation,” Stuver said.
Would you vote for a levy? Take our poll and be sure to share your thoughts in the comment section below.