Our best story of 2011 was not only an accomplishment for the Twinsburg Lady Tigers basketball team, but for the entire community.
Twinsburg defeated Fairmont 55-42 to crown an undefeated season with a Division 1 state championship. None of the players and coaches will forget the moment, but it was even more special for the team's seniors Katie Fox and Nicole Carman, who ended their careers hoisting a trophy and cutting down the net.
"This was what we wanted, this was our dream and this was our time," Fox said.
Twinsburg Patch was proud to cover the team's run to the title and it was apparent just how well-coached, well prepared, and mature the girls were during the end.
It was a time I will always remember, but even more so, the young ladies who won it and the community who helped them get there.
Read more about the 2011 Lady Tigers' title run:
- VICTORY: Malina Howard Leads Lady Tigers to First State Championship
- One Win Away: Poise, Defense Key To Lady Tigers' Victory
- Twinsburg Celebrates First Championship with Cheers and Tears
- Twinsburg Girls Prepared for 'Second Season'
- Fairmont's A Mystery, But Tigers Ready to Seize Championship Tonight
- Game Log: Twinsburg vs Pickerington North